Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Sciviews

I was finally able to get Sciviews (most of it) work on my Linux machine. As before, I got some error message when opening the R terminal for the first time; by ignoring the error messages and manually install several "sv" packages locally (into my home directory), I was able to get Komodo Edit to communicate with R. But the unit test part of the package still does not work.

I mainly use Emacs (via ESS) with R, but sometimes it seems to be more convenient to have a dedicated window open for R instead of a buffer. It is less important on my new Workstation which with screen resolution of 1920*1200, but old habits die hard.

By the way, ESS has been updating like crazy in the past couple of days, from 5.6 to 5.7, then to 5.71.

By the way, I wish Sciviews can have syntax highlighting for BUGS programs.

No comments:

Counter